Apply for 310 Permit

Is a 310 Permit Required?

A 310 Permit is REQUIRED if you are planning ANY project including construction of new facilities or modification or maintenance of existing facilities that may affect the natural existing shape and form of any stream or its banks or tributaries. A 310 permit must be obtained prior to any work being done in or near a perennially flowing stream. A permit will not be issued after a project has begun. Essentially, if you are planning on modifying the streambank you must apply for a 310 permit.

The 310 Law

The Natural Streambed and Land Preservation Act, also known as “The 310 Law,” is administered by the Conservation Districts.

    • Any individual or corporation proposing construction in a perennial stream must apply for a 310 permit through the local conservation district.
    • A district supervisor and representatives from the Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks (DFWP) inspect the site to make sure the integity of the stream is maintained.
    • 310 permits are then approved based on the inspection and the scope of the project.

More information on 310 permits can be found here. If you have any questions or would like to pick up a permit form in person, please contact us during business hours at (406) 323-2103. Our office is located at 109 Railroad Ave, East, Roundup, MT 59072.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s